Saturday, December 22, 2012

Driving Home

I always love my drive home.
Whether its crumby weather or sunshine the whole way. I love it. Its so beautiful. People usually wince at me when they find I have to drive 10 hours alone, but I honestly wouldn't have it any other way (of course, I wish all my friends and family were closer.. but those are different thoughts).
It was snowing this time. Indiana and Ohio had some scary drifts, but through West Virginia and Virginia it was more like rain with some winter wonderland peppering the grass.
I love that I'm from North Carolina. Daniel from the bookstore always makes fun of me when I go off about NC, but I seriously am prideful about my roots.
Everyone from NC loves it here. When I'm home, my family usually seems confused at my choice to live in IN. They don't understand why anyone would ever choose to live somewhere else. It honestly makes me question. They ask me things like, "What do you do up there?" There's obviously nothing to do anywhere else.
Even though I enjoy my drive alone, I always have moments when I wish someone else were in the car. But I don't like carpooling. I do it cause it makes sense to split the gas but I'd really rather drive alone than have just anyone come with me. I love the times when I've been able to share the drive with a good friend.
Anyhow, so the snow was pretty and the drive was delightful. I need new music but I still loved every minute.
Praise the Lord for being an introvert.


3 comments:

  1. Go introverts. Go NC. Go La go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You love home. And you love North Carolina. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I'm glad you're an introvert, too. And I'm glad you got to have so much time by yourself to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete