Wednesday, June 23, 2010

manual labor and yum yums

I'm going to invent a computer that doesn't sound like its going to take off when it's on my lap... cause that's what mine sounds like right now. i don't know where it wants to go.. but i mean. it's on the run way apparently..

Soooooo, today consisted of lots of manual labor, mostly done outside. washed mom's car this morning, then headed to grandma's to do a LIST of things, mostly pulling weeds and sweeping. When i got home i still had to do the finishing touches on mom's car so i ate my 2 yum yums hot dogs and got back to work. i won't lie. i'm a little sore and tired, but i had a good time. i feel pretty accomplished from today. i think i should look into some line of work where i have to do manual labor... or something that has a check list where i can do the things i'm asked to do then clock out? that makes me feel like i helped others more tangibly than in an office. paperwork flavored jobs, i don't know that i could do them everyday with a smile... just thinking out loud.

the words "loud" and "load" always make me stop to make sure i used the right one.

Yum yums only takes cash. today i walked in there with $11 to get 8 hot dogs at $1.60 each. math problem. GO! ...doesn't add up. so i said "i got pennies!" and ran to my car praying that i had enough pennies to cover the $13.40 total. i had $0.91 in pennies. the kid at the register knew that i was a regular so he slipped me $0.50 to help me out. still a dollar short. i said, "shoot, i'm sorry! maybe you should just take one back?" he said, "just bring an extra dollar next time." haha, i love yum yums...they take care of me.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha taking off. i like that.

    paperwork flavored. i like that.

    you paid with 91 pennies?!?!?!?!?!?! oh my goodness.

    ReplyDelete