Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Barnes

Oh Barnes, I wish i had one of you near by in Marion. The smell of books, the mocha, the two old ladies talk crap about all the stuff they don't like about their lives... can i just talk about that for a second... I try not to eves drop, but i think a minute ago they were talking about grandkids and how they "come in for breaks, see who they want to see and go back to school." That's sad. I try to make an effort to see my grandparents when i'm home. I hope they don't think that about me... I should be more intentional about that.
So i'm sitting at Barnes and Noble, kind of hoping that the people near the power strip will leave soon cause my cord is too short and i don't want to be a fire hazard, but my house doesn't have internet, so i'm kind of desperado.
I had a thought on the drive over here that i wanted to talk about and now i don't remember it. Maybe if i get more power i'll bring it back up.
Duces.

3 comments:

  1. I got your text, but I was sleeping. So I had a conversation in my head with you as I smooshed my face into my pillow.

    We call it BNos over here. They took all the comfy chairs away from our BNos, so I escaped to Borders the other day to read for a couple hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i could have been part of this imaginary conversation.

    Borders is nice too. i like their coffee house area. i went there the other day as well and got a $14 refund for a cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my GOSH. I love your blog layout. It looks SO good. I wish, though... that the header underneath the title was different. Why didn't you change that????????? SKDFJSDPOVJNDSCOPIJS heh heh

    spazmuffin

    ReplyDelete