Thursday, June 23, 2011

today and yesterday

I did good today and yesterday. I've been trying to wake up earlier and actually do something with my mornings even if its just taking time for myself. So i've eaten breakfast and made coffee both mornings. I love mornings. They are so quiet and beautiful. The outside is just lovely in the mornings, everything is still quiet and waking up. i like that. My townhouse is quiet too. Everyone goes to work by like 8:00 then I get up and its all nice and chill. Sometimes when I wake up in the mornings I think about how I haven't talked until I see someone and then when I see that person I kind of want to tell them that they were the first ones to hear my voice today... and its like 2:00 in the afternoon and i've been up for like 6 hours. Maybe that seems self-absorbed, but its just funny to think about.
The cereal that I've been eating was given to me by one of my freshmen at the end of the year. So it was free, and it's probably stale, but I actually think it tastes good! I'm wondering though if I only think it tastes good because I know it was free and I want to eat it and save money. I should probably get an outsiders perspective.
The coffee that I've been drinking is the three region blend from Starbucks. It's so goooood. I felt like such a beginner adult trying to buy whole ground Starbucks coffee. There are so many ways to grind coffee, who knew? I got mine coarsely ground. Sometimes there are just little details you don't realize you don't know until you start getting your hands dirty.
I just jammed my finger in the door before writing this post making typing more interesting and I spilled my coffee a little.
Being an adult is messy, but i'm learning lots.
...Oh, and I read and write and clean in the mornings too. I'll post about the books I'm reading soon.

3 comments:

  1. I love how you talk about being a "beginner adult" all the time. You are so funny.

    You should always start conversations with, "This is the first time I've spoken today." Always.

    You need to take up knitting or something. GIRL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how to knit, but who knits in the summer? Gross.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. I love the way your brain works and how you managed to translate that to written words. I like reading your blog because it just feels like you. And I miss you.

    You can call me and talk to me and tell me that I'm the first person you've talked to for the day. I'd be ok wit dat.

    ReplyDelete