Monday, July 25, 2011

Sailing in Marion

I've been back in Marion, IN for over a week now. The past week was pretty busy and I think the next few weeks will be as well. I've been working a lot and playing a lot and trying to balance all of that with the rest and refresh time I need in order to be a happy camper.
I also have a new hobby.
Well actually, its a hobby I shareAAAA with Shara McClanahan. I gave her a ride downtown the other day and I told her I need more jewelry in my life. She said her favorite place to buy jewelry was Estate Sales. I was like, cool. Then after I dropped her off, I found one! so I went gardening for awhile then picked her up and we went SAILING in Marion!
Then on Sunday I saw that the Marion Flea Market was open (...you know, the yellow one with all the bikes) so I called up Shara and we went Flea Marketing (I guess I can't call this one "sailing," but still. it was great.)! Shara found a set of dishes in her favorite color and we both decided that instead of registering somewhere when we get married we're just going to ask for cash so we can find all our Domesticated goodies at estate sales and flea markets.
These are her dishes:

I've only spent $25 and i bought a typewriter, a pair of colorful shoes, 4 sets of earrings, a set of 4 yellow bowls, 2 old school paintings, a yellow tea pot, little score cards for Bridge (that i'll write notes to people on), and 2 decks of retro playing cards!
Also, I've been working at the Unorganized Bookstore in town and I got the book Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Laurence For Free! It's been fun to be back in Marion, but I do miss my family and friends in Greensboro and I'm excited to be back with them for another week before school starts up again.
If anyone wants to go Estate Sailing with Shara and I the next one is on August 6th. We're now on the Marion e-mail list for all the local sales. Don't even worry about it.

In other news:
For the past few months on the 25th day I've recognized that its __ many months til Christmas. Why? I do not know.

My garden has been getting big and I've been able to eat out of it.

Today I presented on the culture of Jamaica for Exit Downtown's Kids camp going on this week. This is a picture of our group (from when I went in High School) and the Jamaicans we played Soccer with.

And someone has a pet Parrot in Marion, IN. This is for real.

4 comments:

  1. WOW! Kayla, you are experiencing so much life in Marion right now. That's awesome. I'm going to finish Brother Lawrence soon! Your garden looks sooo good!

    Where. Where did they get a parrot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna work at the Unorganized Bookstore! Well, I wanna work at ANY bookstore, really. Jealous..

    ReplyDelete
  3. i heard all about that parrot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you ask Shara what kind of plates those are... I WANT them real bad! :)

    ReplyDelete