Saturday, October 15, 2011

CCDA Introversion time

Sometimes I like to blog my thoughts and try to be deep, and other times i just like to talk.
This is just me talking.
I'm in Indy for the CCDA conference. It has been great, but I am a little overwhelmed with all of the knowledge flowing through my brain at the moment-lots to process.
I woke up at 6:00am yesterday and headed down here and i feel like its been non-stop ever sense. The plenaries have been a little bland this year, but the basics are- don't settle for mediocrity for yourself as a teacher or your students.
But the workshops have been pretty solid. I've gone to 4- one on sustainable food, one on affordable housing, another on strategic neighboring, and the last one was about locating assets for a community.
So now everyone went to dinner and i stayed back at the conference center to chill alone and find dinner and feel a little independent before I have to babysit children 6:30-9:30 to fulfill my volunteer hours (which allowed me to come here for $25 as opposed to the $200something i would have been paying-so i'm thankful).
BUT, to place a to-go order at the restaurant here in the hotel, you had to order from the bar.
So i got a side salad at the bar. I felt out of place, but it was funny.
Now I just finished my salad and i'm chilling out in a hallway being introverted until babysitting time.

And just now, John Perkins started interviewing with a group of Wheaton students about 10 feet away from me. I'm eaves dropping. I might go over there-probably not. Perkins is such a champ.

No comments:

Post a Comment