Thursday, October 27, 2011

I look at guilt and I say: No. You may not steal my joy.

I just made a list of things that are stressing me out todays. Its really annoying when you feel like you're living in the guilt of the things you're not getting done and not enjoying the things you are getting done. I wish I could just relax.

I need to escape from the academic scene for awhile. I'm starting to feel a little homesick. I've "lived" in Indiana for over a year now... Christmas break will be a breath of fresh air.
I don't WANT it to be Christmas break, because that means I'm half way done with my last year here. But I DO want it to be Christmas break because its means I'm half way through Sr. year.
Does that make any sense?

Being an adult was fun this summer, I want to do that again.
There are so many things I need to learn before all that though. And one of them is getting good grades. So now that I've tried to clam down my stress, I'm going to study for my Minority Group Relations test that's tomorrow then I can skype with Jill when she gets back from watching intramural football.

No to guilt, yes to joy and freedom. Got it.



3 comments:

  1. The title of this post was a good reminder. I really liked the content as well. You're great.
    (You did choose the wrong homophone though: steal).

    ReplyDelete