Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Every morning this week...

...I've woken up to a post-it note that says "get good grades."

Its just a subtle reminder of my goal these days.

I want to be better at school. I know its not what i'm naturally good at and that God hasn't really gifted me academically, but I'm capable of a lot more than I've been acomplishing. And I've come to the conclusion that its what i'm called to for this season. I told a friend the other day that its ok for her to say no to some of the things she really wants to do but can't because they don't make sense academically. Those things will come into fruition at some point in her life, I'm sure. But right now she has to manage her time differently...

And then I processed my own advice and ate my words.

I've been saying yes to things in my time management and not being a good steward of my brain and working hard in my schooling when that is what I am called to right now. There ARE things that I can do right now and I do feel called to those things, but they shouldn't be my focus as much as being a student.

So if you think of me this week and want to know how to pray for me or help me out, ask me how I'm doing academically and encourage me to be a good steward of the brain God has given me.

1 comment:

  1. So often when I read your posts I think, 'I can't believe such a little nub can grow so much', but you do. And its cool to see. I'll be praying for you

    ReplyDelete