Monday, January 9, 2012

"Even Jesus Wept"

I don't know the rules about posting things. But I like this article so I'm putting it here too even though I put it on my status like 2 minutes ago.

I think the title is a little cheese, cause the "Jesus wept" verse is not the only place you find God showing us His emotions in scripture, but I feel like its the only one that ever gets attention.

To real you in, here is a take away I like about it...
"Giving into and being consumed by strong emotion is unhealthy, yes, even sinful; but having emotion in its proper context is good, even holy." 

Now, read it.

1 comment:

  1. "Some of us will feel God’s missional love for the world, but all of us will feel the sorrow of death and loss. And it’s high time that we as Christians believe it’s OK to sorrow. It’s high time we believe it’s OK to weep, for when we do so we aren’t becoming unlike our God; in fact, we are worshiping Him."

    That's my favorite part.

    ReplyDelete