Monday, May 3, 2010

Birthdays

ba ba ba, ba ba buran-
Today i turned 20.
i'm at school still tying up the loose ends of a GREAT school year... cleaning rooms and moving things around, doing a little paperwork here and there.
For my birthday i recieved two books A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller and Let the Nations be Glad by John Piper! I'm so excited to sink my teeth into both of these! Getting books for my birthday was such a sweet feeling for me. i still feel like i'm 17 where all people wanted to give me were gift cards to go shopping but i'm 20 now and all i want are books and national geographic magazines... i hope that's a sign that i'm growing up and people take me seriously. (at least that's how i'm taking the gesture)
The day was filled with a trip to the storage unit and a ResLife wedding murder mystery which was super fun but was sent into the piazza because of the tornado that tried to scoop our little nickers straight off the ground.
After the party my staff on Eastside and i finished watching the addictive Anne of Green Gables movies :) Team Gilbert for life.
Half way through the movie i took a break and called my grandma back from her voicemail she left me earlier... that made me sick for home, i can't wait until thursday night when i'll be snuggly in Greensboro :)
now it's 1:23 am and i must hit the hay for some rest.
Praise God for another birthday well lived!

1 comment:

  1. 1. "scoop our little nickers straight off the ground" -favorite sentence
    2. "Team Gilbert for life" hahahahahaha.... I can't judge. I haven't seen it in yeeears. But still.
    3. I like that you noted that it was 1:23

    ReplyDelete