Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Womanhood

This morning, after watching Sabrina (Audrey Hepburn movie) with Christa, I decided that I should embrace my femininity in new ways. This might sound a little cheesy to some. But I thought about how if I have a baby girl someday she's going to need my help learning how to be a woman and I want to teach her right! I want her to be able to feel like she can play with Barbies and try out different hair styles and do her own make up... you know all that girl stuff I'm usually not into. So I decided this morning that I'm going to learn that stuff and be more intentional at not rejecting it like I usually do.
NOW, this doesn't mean I'm going to come back to school next semester with lots of make up or new hair styles or whatever... but I have changed my mindset a bit.

With that, I went shopping today and bought some Christmas gifts. Jill and I found these really snazzy vintage boots downtown and I was challenged with this new resolution of femininity... so I tried on the semi high-heeled leather boots and walked around a bit. It felt a little weird and I didn't end up buying them, but I'm going to take mom back tomorrow and get her opinion... she's probably going to go nuts. She loves when I pick out girly stuff. My mom is such a woman.
I should keep taking woman lessons from her I guess.

That's all for now. I'll let you know if I get the boots. Wearing them around would make me a whole new woman... I'm not sure if I'm ready.

7 comments:

  1. Sabrina is such a good movie!

    And don't feel like you have to become a different person. Just don't be afraid of things you LIKE because they make you look like you're trying to be feminine or something. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kayla, you are so cute. I do agree with Bethany, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. all I can think of is: "black panties."
    lets start a ladies' club, I need to learn too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i loved those boots when i went back with jill. they are great. and so are you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. #vintageshopping #hipster #ihavebangs #youwereworkinitinthoseboots

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jill you can't hashtag all over my blog!! its too much for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this, all of this, post, comments.

    you is a woman.

    ReplyDelete