Friday, December 30, 2011

Work in Progress


He's still working on me to make me what I ought to be.
It took Him just a week to make the moon and stars,
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars.
How loving and patient He must be, He's still working on me.


These lyrics are just ringing in my head as I try to figure out what angle God is getting at these days and what He's trying to mold me to be like. I know he's the best at shaping me and anything I want to do to get in the way is just idiotic. His ways are higher than my ways. But sometimes it just seems like He wants me to take the hard road and I feel my heels digging into the sand holding back stubbornly wanting to have my own way with life. But I know "He's still working on me to make me what I ought to be." I just don't like this discipline stage I'm in right now. Its hard and I just want to skip it. 

Hebrews 12:4-13 (The whole section really, but here's the highlights...)
"No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. “Make level paths for your feet,” so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed."

No comments:

Post a Comment